Highland Creek Beautification Vision*
The beginnings of our neighbourhood, Highland Creek, dates back to 1796. Pioneers from the United States and British Isles built homes with the first Mill erected on the Creek in the Highlands, with the township incorporation taking place in 1850.
Shortly after the incorporation, The Highland Creek and its village centre became the largest residential and business centre in the former Township of Scarborough. In 1852, Highland Creek was officially recognized as a community.
It is Our Vision to restore vibrancy and beauty to what was once ‘the meeting place of East Scarborough’. We inspire to create an identity for Highland Creek, to showcase our past, to create a legacy for future generations by creating a place where community meets.
Beautification of Highland Creek Village main street from Morrish Road along Old Kingston Rd to Kingston Rd, just East of the Wesleyan Cemetery.
- Cobble Stone Main street (Pedestrians only no vehicle traffic)
- Fifteen Foot double face street clock.
- Gas lite street lights
- Steel benches
- Village Reader Board (community news, past ,present and future)
- Concrete Planters housing plants and Ten foot trees.
- Fourteen foot, Two tear circular water fountain.
* This a proposed beautification project and is still subject to the approval of the city.